What an adventurous couple of days! Well first off I indulged in the awesomeness of a cheap pedicure and massage! It was a lovely way to relax after stressing out over what exactly my job entails. So I am calm and my nails are pink... works out just fine!
Sunday I ventured to Honda Bay and went island hopping... all I can say is WOW!! Absolutely breath taking!!! We went snorkeling over a vibrant reef and seen so many different colored fish! Then went to Star Fish Island and seen some interesting looking starfish and our guides cooked some rice, pork and egg plant ... it was delicious! I have to admit I am having zero food problems here! After Star Fish Island we went to Snake Island! It was awesome too! Bigger fish and such clear warm water! Reminded me of Discovery cove in Florida!!!
Monday was back to work! Alicia and I had to meet JC at the Multicab pick up at 7, so we woke up early, packed our sleeping bags and were off! We loaded onto the bus and after some points and laughter at the two foreigners taking public transit we started off. Just as the bus was driving away a man began to run along side the bus then he hopped and grabbed onto my open window's ledge! I had no idea what was going on, there was a man hanging off the side of the bus!!!! I grabbed his arms and he laughed and with one hand pointed at my window and rattled off something in Tagolog . Guessing, I opened the window all the way and the man crawled inside. Then he positioned people so he could fit even more people on the bus, then crawled out my window again and walked along side of the speeding bus and hopped in up front! Well HOLY POOP I was shocked! It was like being in an action movie with live stunts and no safety nets! We arrived in one sweaty piece, it gets warm on a bus that has 50 people and is meant for 20 or so! We walked around the town introducing ourselves (we had an interpreter, the further outside the city the less english is spoken) and asked them what they would like to see develop in their Barangay (village). They were very supportive of our ideas behind an educational summer camp and a hiking trail development at a near by waterfalls :) That night JC showed us how to cook rice and fish over a fire pit and then we had a delicious meal of tuna and rice...mmmm so fresh! Like caught minutes before we cooked it! Then Alicia and I went to set up our bug nets and got the 'living daylights' scared out of us by an oversized Gecko! Like the size of your forearm+hand! What a fright hahaha.
Our trip back was a little less adventurous, however I answered somebody in Tagalog and then he thought I could speak it and he immediately became my best friend haha we chatted for a bit but once he got the fact I had no idea what he was saying our chat became less of a conversation and more of a game of sherades.
So tomorrow will be a day of compiling data and trying to figure out a 'plan' of sorts. I definitely think of home often and miss my family but I am enjoying my time here too!
No comments:
Post a Comment