The last few weeks have been absolutely busy busy busy!! A lot has happened since 'love affair with nature' and I will try my best to recap everything.
First off, nothing beats a visitor from Canada! My friend Laura, who I met on my Solider Qualifications course this past summer, decided to take her French- Canadian butt to the Philippines for a week. It was so nice to have another Canadian here and not to have to explain where Canada is or Newfoundland for that matter, also that it is cold there. haha.
 |
| Laura and I enjoying some beach time :) |
Myself, Laura and Alicia got out of the city as soon as possible and headed to the Northern tip of Palawan to El Nido. It was gorgeous! The limestone cliffs were breath taking and the island hopping tour was superb! However I spent a little too much time in the sun and suffered a pretty brutal sun burn as well as sun stroke! NEVER COOL! I bought a hat and wore plenty of sun screen for the remainder of the trip. Lessons have definitely been learned on this Philippines experience!! We did a 'hot spring' and waterfall tour. I was excited about the tour because I have been to a few really nice waterfalls in Thailand and wanted to see what El Nido had to offer and I was also looking forward to the hike into the falls. I was unfortunately disappointed! The hot spring was actually a hole in the ground that stunk of sulphur and was green with algae and the waterfall... well I have seen bigger waterfalls on Southside Road at home! hahaha No worries though I still enjoyed myself and the lunch they served was delicious! Pork Kabobs and tuna and rice, all cooked over a fire... ma Sarap (means Yummy! in Tagalog). When the guide found out we were from Canada he actually apologized for the tour! Hahaha He was like you have much bigger waterfall there, small in El Nido. I laughed and said no worries and yes Canada is great! Like I said earlier the next day we went island hopping and it more than made up for everything!!! It was BEAUTIFUL! I got to see a sea turtle, snorkel some beautiful reefs and have a scrumptious meal with my boat mates! It was a GREAT DAY! The van ride back to Puerto was windy and bumpy and regardless to say we went for a long nap and good meal when we got back. We had a few beverages and showed Laura around Puerto. It was too bad Laura's trip was so short but it was great to see her and catch up!
 |
| El Nido, Palawan |
No comments:
Post a Comment