Ok so first off I am a blog virgin. I have never used/posted on a blog before! So this is super exciting. So Myself, Katie, Nancy and Alicia made it to Manila after a very long 19 hours of flying over the top of the world! We checked into the Swagman hotel for the night with our abundance of luggage and were greeted by some friendly locals! We checked in and Alicia and Nancy found a guest already in their room.... the cockroach type.... but the girls handled it amazingly... they drowned that fool!!! Interns 1 Cockroaches 0!!!! Woop! After the battle we grabbed some spring rolls and delicious San Miguel Beer and hit the hay!
We separated in Manila and Alicia and I flew to Puerto Princesa, Palawan and Katie and Nancy left for Iloilo. Well I have to admit leaving those girls was tough... They were my lil Newfie family that travelled over the world with me! Im sure we will meet up them a few times over the next couple of months!!
Puerto Princesa can be defined with one simple quote, "Live simply so others can simply live". We have fan rooms and the bathroom is across the hall, downstairs is a living room and we have a rooftop kitchen. The toilet is an art in itself... it flushes "sometimes" depending on time and water content. So if its a no flush time you pour some water down there... I think its 90% pour water down the toilet and 10% actual flush. As for the weather ITS HOT AND HUMID ALL THE TIME... but I am adjusting! Also this North American belief that roosters crow in the Am is simply Bullshit!! They crow all the time, ALL THE TIME.. in fact one is crowing right now! haha We have had our first experience with "circular" or Filipino time ... our presentations and meetings have been moved around a bunch. Im just going with the flow...I don't wanna move at any great speed anyways... its too hot!
All in all this place is pretty awesome and I can't wait to get out exploring!!!
Mag-ingat :) It means Take Care!
Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment