Wednesday, April 20, 2011

27 in New York City!

So after a bit of thought I have decided to continue my blog and continue to entertain you with my interesting adventures.  


Times Square!
Lets begin where I left off. After the gazillion hour flight home from the Philippines that was filled with delays and emergency landings I finally made it home back to the rock!! I swear everything that had to do with that internship was an epic adventure! My brother is a giant now and it kills me that he is 14! 14!!! Oh dear! Anyways I arrived home the day before my 27th birthday! (I feel 100! 3 years from 30... le sigh!) My bestie David and I had decided to go to New York City to celebrate! I mean really what other way are you going to celebrate?? hahaha We went there before with our friend Rebecca in 2007 and fell in love with the city plus you get a few areoplan points when you travel to Asia twice in the past 3 years and therefore cheap trips to NYC are always welcome :) The trip was FANTASTIC!!! We were there for 5 nights, 6 days and never stopped! We were so 'on the go' that I still haven't seen the Statue of Liberty! Oh well I will just have to return for a 3rd trip! Highlights definitely were Chicago and Mary Poppins Broadways, David Letterman, shopping, Times Square, SoHo,.... just everything! After missing one of your best friends for 6 months and then going on a fun filled trip with them made the whole trip excellent!


I am currently doing my work term with the International Coastal Network. Its a research lab created and organized by Professor of Geography, Dr. Ratana Cheunpagdee. She is a brilliant women and it is an honor to work for her! However, her standard is quite high and the work is a bit open ended so I am finding it a little difficult to wrap my head around it! I'm sure I will survive, I always do! I am also back to work with the military and I can honestly say I missed working with the Engineers. We sure know how to work hard and play hard! Speaking of working hard... I missed my annual battle fitness test due to my travels and I cannot go on course unless I have completed and passed it. So I found out on a Thursday I had to do the test Saturday which would have been all fine if I had been doing work up training like most other troops but I haven't been in the Country! So Saturday I marched 13 km with 55 pounds of kit, completed a dead man drag then dug a shell scrape (the beginning of a trench) and let me say my hips and heel blisters still HURT!!!!! hahaha oh my! But I'm done and passed and that's all that matters! Woop!!

Saturday I leave for Jamaica for my good friend Debbie's wedding. I am a bridesmaid in the wedding and I am so looking forward to it. Newfoundland really needs to learn what spring and heat is!! I have been freezing since I landed!!! Brrrrrrr!!!

Well I am all caught up and let the blogging begin!

P.s. VOTE!!!!!!! I can't stress it enough!!! We live in a democratic society! People die for the rights we have! Take advantage of them and use them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment